To be eligible for the program, families must be referred by one of the following local agencies:
- Habitat for Humanity of East Naples
- Neighborhood Health Clinic
- Fun Time Early Childhood Academy
- Grace Place for Children
- Salvation Army
- St. Matthew’s House
- Habitat for Humanity of Immokalee
- Redlands Christian Migrant Association
- Immokalee Community Migrant Head Start
- Healthy Child
- Catholic Charities
These agencies use the following criteria when referring families to the Baby Basics program:
- Applicants are residents of Collier County or southern Lee County.
- At least one parent/guardian is working.
- The family is not receiving any federal or state cash assistance and meets the financial guidelines for 185 percent of the poverty level.
- The child (or children) receiving diapers is under the age of three.
Each family is asked to sign a product liability waiver and also agrees to allow Baby Basics, Inc. to use the child’s picture for fundraising purposes outside of Naples. (Baby Basics, Inc. does not use the child’s name for such purposes.)
The parents/guardians agree to inform Baby Basics, Inc. if they are unable to attend the bi-monthly distributions. Failure to notify Baby Basics, Inc. two distributions in a row (one month) will result in removal from the program.